Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ridding the world of two tone...one room at a time

I know some people may actually like painting their walls different colors...in the same room, but I am decidedly NOT a fan. Not that I haven't seen it done well and not that I don't think it would be possible to two tone in a positive way but given that our ENTIRE house is two tone in pretty much every room.....I've become sort of against it. In my determination to make the world a happier, more monochromatic place...I've decided to paint our guest room yellow (to go with that antique-ish furniture I've been messing around with). The goal is to get it painted this wee. I bought some of that snazzy, primer included paint from Loews, and the dude said I could do it in one coat--so maybe it won't be so bad right?? even if it is already wednesday and I'm going out of town on Friday????

So far--the prep work is done and tomorrow during morning nap I should be able to start painting--YIPPEE!!!

Here are some before pics

Conversation that must have happened between the previous owners of my house:
"So, what should we do with this room?? I think it needs some new paint to spruce things up..."
"I KNOW!!! Let's paint it two shades of GRAY, alternating walls with a little bit splattered on the baseboards for fun!!!"
"That sounds AMAZING!!! "

So there you have it----beautiful gray walls

And the whole room--hopefully after some transformation our house will be a much more awesome place to visit--so awesome that people who live in places that have trees and water and seasons may actually WANT to leave and come to Arizona???? ya think???

No comments:

Post a Comment